Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Washington Post: Is TV facing extinction?

I keep harping on this, not because I hate local television, but because I love local television. Well, love might be a little strong. Definitely like.

Anyway, the Washington Post totally agrees with me.

Plus, I think it's unfair and shortsighted for newspapers to spend gallons of ink writing about how bad the newspaper business is without looking at how the same shifting sands of reader preferences and advertising models affect other mediums. To wit: Local television. And radio. And anything else that relies on intellectual property.

I've always said, in a world where all information is free, the only information will be that which isn't worth paying for.

As the Post's Paul Farhi says, "Free is a crummy business model."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home